I am pleased to announce that I have given exclusivity to the Dalesman magazine for the West Riding flag competition. They will announce:
- The six finalists
- The winning design.
The Dalesman is the foremost Yorkshire magazine with an extensive knowledge of Yorkshire’s true boundaries and cultural heritage boasting a readership of over 30,000 per month. I am delighted to be closely associated with the magazine and I believe them to be a fitting media partner for the West Riding flag competition.
To coincide with the Dalesman publication dates the planned schedule for the competition will be as follows:
- Tuesday 26 February – Closing date for designs.
- Wednesday 27 February to Sunday 3 March – Judging of designs.
- Wednesday 27 March – Finalists announced and voting starts to select favourite design.
- Tuesday 23 April– Closing date for voting.
- Wednesday 30 April – Flag registered with the Flag Institute.
- Wednesday 7 May – Flag Ordered.
- Monday 24 May – West Riding flag announced.
- May onwards – The first West Riding flag taken to the 7 extreme points of the West Riding.