East Riding of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) have stated in the Pocklington Post that “There is no substantiation to Mr Strangeway’s complaint”. Part of my complaint is that the height barrier at Station Rear Car Park, Pocklington is unlawful as the Off Street Parking Order that covers the car park does not restrict on height. As such I may lawfully drive my car with a bicycle on top into the car park.
ERYC MAY NOT LAWFULLY PREVENT ME DOING THIS.
Pocklington Town Council (PTC) state this is for ERYC to deal with. To a certain extent I agree with this. But as I can prove that the ERYC are unlawfully and dishonestly preventing residents of Pocklington and the surrounding area using the car park PTC have a moral duty to consider the facts.
I have offered to meet with any PTC councillor to show them the evidence – the Off Street Parking Order. If PTC decline my offer they are clearly complicit.
In addition, yesterday I received the letter below from PTC.
How PTC can possibly consider my complaint is beyond me as I have not yet submitted the said complaint!
Email To Martin Radcliffe, Chair Human Resources Committee, PTC
—– Original Message —–
From: Andy Strangeway
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:54 AM
Subject: FAO – Martin Radcliffe
Following on from our telephone conversation yesterday could I please refer you to https://andystrangeway.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/are-pocklington-town-council-complicit/
I refer you to the issues listed below. I request that they are addressed at the earliest opportunity before Pocklington residents go to the polls on May 7 to elect a new Pocklington Town Council.
- Pocklington Town Council (PTC) apologise to me for investigating my complaint before I have submitted the said complaint.
- PTC finally forward me a copy of their complaints procedure which, despite my request to the Town Clerk, they have failed to do.
- PTC investigate my complaint against Richard Wood once I submit the said complaint.
- A councillor from PTC meets with me to read the Off Street Parking Order with me so that they can see the evidence that ERYC are being dishonest and the height barrier is unlawful.
- Once my position is proven PTC facilitate a meeting to address the issue.
“(Yorkshiremen are) richly endowed with that gritty determination, that wilful refusal to give up and that sheer bloody-mindedness that eventually prevails.” Sir Bernard Ingham