While no ASOP supporter received a parking ticket/penalty charge notice (PCN) at our meeting in Whitby a couple did receive one for parking their motorhome on Marine Drive, Scarborough.
I have agreed to be the appointed agent for the couple. My informal appeal to Scarborough Borough Council (SBC) can be seen below.
Informal Appeal To SBC
From: Andy Strangeway
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2015 4:33 PM
Subject: Informal Appeal – PCN Number: SJ02434901
PCN Number: SJ02434901
Date: 5 December 2015
Could I please refer you to the email below from the owners of the above vehicle requesting me to be their Appointed Agent?
As the Appointed Agent I believe SBC must withdraw the PCN as:
- There is no signage in the area in relation to motor caravans.
- There is no signage in the area in relation to a Class to permit the use of PCN Code 91. Motor Caravan is a type not a Class.
- The PCN Code relates to a Class of vehicle not a type, whereas the Order does not, it relates to a type not a Class.
- The area where the motorhome was parked does not appear on the map in the Off Street Parking Order for Marine Drive.
- I am informed that the motorhome did not contain a table. As such, as the EU Directive states a Motor Caravan “which contains …table”, this confirms the vehicle not to be a Motor Caravan.