On Monday 7 December I submitted a formal appeal against A PCN (parking ticket) issued to a motorhome. 28 working days have now passed and still Scarborough Borough Council (SBC) remain silent.
As the Appointed Agent I believe SBC must withdraw the PCN as:
- There is no signage in the area in relation to motor caravans.
- There is no signage in the area in relation to a Class to permit the use of PCN Code 91. Motor Caravan is a type not a Class.
- The PCN Code relates to a Class of vehicle not a type, whereas the Order does not, it relates to a type not a Class.
- The area where the motorhome was parked does not appear on the map in the Off Street Parking Order for Marine Drive.
- I am informed that the motorhome did not contain a table. As such, as the EU Directive states a Motor Caravan “which contains …table”, this confirms the vehicle not to be a Motor Caravan.
It would appear that silence is golden at SBC parking. We all know why!!
What fun we could have if SBC decide to take this all the way to appeal. Of course they wont do this. We all know why!!
Email To SBC Parking
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:11 PM
Subject: Informal Appeal – PCN Number: SJ02434901
Could I please refer you to https://andystrangeway.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/sbc-parking-silence-is-golden/
Could you please inform me when you will respond to my informal appeal?